Monday, 23 February 2015

Fashion: Oscars 2015 Best Dressed

Better late than never, it was the biggest red carpet event of the year yesterday and Hollywoods finest were out in full force. Although many people looked fabulous I was let down by a fair few and I didn't have to narrow by top 12 down, in fact it was a struggle to pick 12!
This is best dressed from the actual event, no after parties, screening parties etc.


  • Sienna Miller wore a pretty Oscar de la Renta dress with Prada shoes, there is so much detailing on this number and I think it works perfectly on her petite frame. That phenomenal smokey cat eye is fabulous too, I love this from top to bottom.
  • Rosamund Pike has never looked so good! She wears Givenchy well, this stunning red gown is my favourite red carpet ensemble from her, I love the matching strappy heels too.
  • Anna Kendrick  wore a simple yet elegant coral Thakoon dress with an sparkling neckline, this is a very pretty look from the actress and I must say I kinda love it.
  • Jessica Chastain continued to reign supreme in a navy blue Givenchy figure-hugging dress with a glorious thigh-high split and embellished bodice. Those red locks looked as sleek and as glossy as usual too
  • Jennifer Hudson looked mesmerizing in this strapless lemon Romona Keveza, I'm not usually a fan of strapless but Jennifer looked radiant. The citrus shade was stunning against her skintone and I love a white nail.
  • I was a little on the fence with Emma Stone at first but I most certainly have a soft spot for Elie Saab and Christian Louboutin and this pale lime is a tricky colour to pull off but I think she fairs well.
  • Jenna Dewan-Tatum wore a beautiful white Zuhair Murad Couture dress and paired with red lips and slicked ponytail. Jenna has truly upped her style stakes recently and I'm started to be truly excited as to what she'l be wearing
  • Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne was looking dreamy and dapper in a deep blue Alexander McQueen suit, I love the black collar and that he added dashes of black with the shoes and bow tie. 
  • Rita Ora wowed in a deep blue Marchesa number with some stunning gold detailing, I love a fishtail gown it's always a glamorous choice. She kept the styling to a minimum and let this magnificent dress do all the talking.
  • Chrissy Teigen worked the red carpet in an ice blue Zuhair Murad creation, the dress is simply beautiful with a crystallized top and ombre crsytals on the skirt it had a slight ice queen feel to it. Chrissy amped up the hotness with soft waves a a red lip
  • Another in Zuhair Murad! Anna Faris looked like a fairtyale princess in this delightful shimmering, silver masterpiece, it truly is a royal gown and I think she looked wonderful.
  • Jennifer Lopez was a surprise for me. We're so used to the JLO in sexy skin-tight minis but she opted for a rather feminine, romantic look from Elie Saab and I thought she looked amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment