Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Fashion: Emmys 2014 Best Dressed

It was the Primetime Emmys on Sunday night, here are my best dressed from the glorious red carpet event.
  • Viola Davis wore a cobalt blue Escada dress which had some stunning embellishment and I love the sweetheart neckline too. The colour is radiant against her skintone and the styling is pefect
  • Kate Walsh wore a gorgeous yellow Stephane Rolland Haute Couture gown which fitted like a glove and showed her redheads really can rock any colour, she paired it with glittering Chopard jewels
  • Kate Mara showed her quirky sense of style in a white J Mendel creation with an intricate floral detailing on the bodice and a pair of gorgeous Charlotte Olympia platforms
  • Alison Williams looked every inch the princess in this beautiful Giambattista Valli Couture prom dress, I love the tulle bottom and the patterned top with the black and yellow ribbon worked beautifully

  • Kristen Wiig was ravishing in a white Vera Wang dress, simple yet sophisticated the dress was designed especially for her, the golden skin and beach waves work well on this low key yet beautiful style
  • Kerry Washington wore a burnt orange and black Prada dress with matching Prada black pumps, I love this dress the sparkling sequin detail and the black sparkling underlay too, such an interesting design and Kerry wears it well
  • Natalie Dormer was another in orange and black and much like Kate Mara she wore J Mendel, the high-necked, fitted dress and waves offered the sexy look I'm sure she was going for
  • Jessica Pare wore a black dress which could have been a little boring but this Lanvin beauty is anything but, the draped skirt and the 3D bustier is gorgeous and I love the simple diamond necklace
  • Lena Headey wore an all black ensemble, dress by Rubin Singer, which suited her punky style down to a T, I initially though the platforms were too heavy but any daintier would be the rocky Lena Headey we all know and love
  • Keke Palmer was another in Rubin Singer, she wore a stunning bright blue gown that was one of the most dramatic looks of the night and I thought she looked completely breath-taking
  • I honestly was totally wowed by Lizzy Caplan, I love the actress anyway but she looked phenomenal in a monochrome Donna Karen Atelier gown with cut out detailing and a slick up do
  • Laura Prepon was another brunette who looked beautiful, the shimmering turquoise Gusatvo Cadile gown was rather mermaid like and looked stunning against her porcelain skin and light eyes, she makes me like my pale skin (if only for a minute.)


It was a toss up between Laura and Lizzy but I went for Lizzy Caplan in the end purely because when I saw her I gasped! I honestly have never seen her look so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment