There were a few people who I thought looked great (Cara Delevigne, Sarah Paulson, Mario Cotillard) but for me they didn't embrace the theme so I decided not to put them on the list.
For such a glamorous event I have picked a top 16:
- Georgia Jagger wore a black Thierry Mugler gown with a deep V and white lining, love the Sergio Rossi shoes too and the golden waves
- Kendall Jenner wore a Topshop bandeau dress, yep Topshop! I didn't know they made such clothing. Bouffant hair, Chopard jewels and golden make up complete the look
- Kate Bosworth was delightful in a slinky rose pink Stella McCartney dress that showed off her tiny frame
- Reese Witherspoon also wore a pink Stella McCartney dress but hers was more of a glorious fuchsia shade and had a distinctly old Hollywood feel to it
- Ivanka Trump wore a lavish green gown by Oscar De La Renta, I love the comparison of the olive green/lime green dress paired with her golden bun and deep red lips
- Blake Lively wore Gucci, of course, and if there is something Blake does well that is ork a red carpet. I adore everything about this ensemble and the train on that Gucci gown is divine
- Zooey Deschanel was glorious in a midnight blue Tommy Hilfiger dress. The colour looks stunning against her porcelain skin tone and make her baby blue pop. The neckline, shape and colour all work wonderfully in her favour.
- Emma Stone wore a Thakoon to piece compries of a baby pink crop and hot pink maxi, she paired the stunning outfit with metallic Miu Miu sandals and a side-swept messy braid
- Kim Kardashian wore a deep blue Lanvin dress with a thigh split and thick black betl, she partnered with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and her trademark long lashes
- Diane Kruger never disappoints when it comes to fashion. Although she has a style I could never work, she is constantly chic and classically stylish but still manages to add some edge to her look and this Jason Wu for Hugo Boss pale lavender dress is simply divine.
- Jessica Pare wore a busy Michael Kors strapless dress that I loved, once again it isn't a design I would pick but it works beautifully on the actress. Paired with that pink lip and dark up do she looked beautiful.
- Bee Shaffer had a true princess moment in this ice blue Alexander McQueen gown, I love how she added a modern twist with the embellished knuckle duster clutch but kept it classic with the chignon
- I haven't seen Rachel McAdams on the red carpet much recently but the actress looked lovely in a smile blush coloured Calvin Klein number but of me wished for some diamonds but she looks pretty nonetheless
- The young fashionista, Hailee Steinfeld wore a monochrome gown by possibly her favourite designer Prabal Gurung she paired it with dark eyes and Charlotte Olympia platforms.
- Toni Garn was another in Topshop (simply have to check out these gowns!) she wore a powder blue dress, not that dissimilar to Bee Shaffer's, shows that the colour works on porcelain brunettes and sunkissed blondes
- Anne Hathaway was red hot in Calvin Klein, it seems to be a mixture of Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams dresses. Styled to perfection with drop earrings and a black box clutch