Monday, 13 January 2014

Fashion: Golden Globes 2014 Best Dressed

It was The Golden Globes last night, I didn't realize to the evening that it was all kicking off! I have selected top 12 from the red carpet and another four from after parties.
I feel like it shows us what is ti come and 2014 offered some beautiful colours, shapes and styles. 
Check out my top 12 and added 4 below:


  • I've never been a fan of Michelle Dockery's red carpet style as I often think it's a little conservative but I loved the muted colour of this Oscar de la Renta dress and the sparkling embellishment gave it a modern princess feel.
  • Amber Heard was radiant in a midnight blue gown
  • Margot Robbie is back on my best dressed list in a beautiful cream Gucci number, I cannot love the bottle green detailing and matching shoes more, such a beautiful colour.
  • I have no doubt Lupita Nyongo' will be loved by everybody in this red caped Ralph Lauren number although she lacked accessories and detailing the originality of the dress was enough.
  • I am so in love with the choice of colours from this Oscar de la Renta number, it's a refreshing look on the red carpet and I think it suits Aubrey O'Plaza'a hair and skin tone.
  • You can this is Dolce and Gobanna just by looking at it, Leslie Mann rocked the black lace peplum number with polished hair and a gold box clutch
  • This deep red hue looks beautiful on Ariel Winter and I think the shape, drapery and generally design of the Mikael D dress is really quite stunning
  • Kata Mara was a bundle of silver perfection, I recently watched Frozen and her looks is rather reminiscence on Elsa! Kate Mara in J Mendel
  • Uma Thurman was radiant in a sparkling black halter Atelier Versace design
  • Laura Dern always WOWS on the red carpet, I think so anyway, and this time was no different. I loved the coffee coloured Roberto Cavalli gown with the plunging neckline and her curled copper hair
  • Kaley Cucuo
  • I loved the girl of Maria Menounos bubblegum pink Max Azria Atelier dress and the mesh zig zag insert is a flirty enough detailing to not make it too sickly
  • Hailee Steinfeld has serious red carpet game. She wore a beautiful black Andre Gn dress, I truly love the gold bird print and the sheer hem. Didn't I say she was one to watch?
  • Nikki Reed wore a vibrant aqua Monique Lhuillier strapless dress with matching heels and slicked back hair, she looks like a perfect little mermaid here!
  • Lady GaGa was looking rather demure in a gold embellished, shimmering Perry Meek asymmetric dress and 7 inch platforms, I love this look on her although it is a tad Donatella Versace...
  • Nina Dobrev just continues to look absolutely amazing! She wore a gorgeous black Giorgio Armani knee length dress which had some beautiful diamond detail, paired with simple sandals and chocolate waves
My best dressed overall goes to Kate Mara. Yes she was my best dressed of December too but this girl look beautiful. The light hair and pale skin are absolutely radiant against the liquid-like silver of the gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment