Saturday, 16 November 2013

Beauty: Revlon Lash Potion Mascara

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious
£9.99
** 

With such a huge love for their foundation I decided to give a Revlon mascara a go, I was unfortunately disappointed.
I picked this particular product because I simply adore the packaging; a stunning mix of pink, green and purple with a shimmering pattern completely won me over, I'm also a fan of Emma Stone and she is the face for this particular product plus it's called 'potion' so magical!
When I opened up the bottle I was pleased with the wand, I am most certainly a fan of a thicker wand size, I have relatively long lashes but they need some volume and thickening.
Application was easy although I must say that there is so much make up on the brush! Perhaps that was why there was some clumping? But none more than usual with a standard mascara under £10. 
The lash potion offered a fair amount of extension, volume and colour to my lashes but, unfortunately, within the hour it had flaked, smudged and given the area around my eyes a grey colour with small black particles underneath; not so hot.

From left to right; no make up or mascara, straight after mascara has been applied, five hours after mascara has been applied 
Pros 
  • Appealing packaging
  • Full wand
  • Easy application
  • Lengthens lashes
Cons
  • Flakes onto skin; leaves black marks under eyes
  • Some clumping
  • Lashes wilted a few hours after application
  • Some smudging around eye

No comments:

Post a Comment