Monday, 23 September 2013

Fashion: Emmys Best Dressed 2013

Dare I say that the Emmys was the best dressed red carpet event in some time?

*Kerry Washington wore an extremely romantic Marchesa gown which has some seriously pretty floral detailing and a gorgeous neckline
*Julianne Hough wore a shimmering grey Jenny Packham dress and some people disliked this look but I think Julianne makes it sophisticated yet sexy at the same time. 
*Kaley Cuoco tends to let me down at these sort of events but she was absolutely breath-taking in this deep red Vera Wang creation, a matching box clutch and a dark eye with soft waves completed this glorious ensemble

*I have such a crush on Lena Headey, she rocked this Alessandra Rich black dress with white stilettos, I love her wavy up do and nude make up too, means the seductive dress and contrasting shoes do all the talking
*Taylor Schilling in a white Thakoon dress which offered some subtle side-boob styled with Hollywood waves and a red lip
*Kiernan Shipka is easily the best dressed thirteen year old about! The pretty actress wore a gorgeous brightly coloured floral Delpozo number with gold sandals, perfectly age appropriate.
*Rose Byrne showcased a much lighter hair colour which I actually kind of loved. She wore a blush pink Calvin Klein dress which was all very, well, Calvin Klein; simple but sexy. She paired with silver accessories and jewelry.
*Laura Dern is always on my list at awards ceremonies, this salmon pink, sheer and patterned Naeem Khan dress is a tricky colour to pull off but Laura makes it work
*Zooey Deschanel wore yet another powder blue dress this time by J Mendel, her heels were by my favourite designer; Charlotte Olympia. I really love the sex-kitten vibe she is giving off, have a lot of time for that BIG hair.

*Kate Mara was angelic in a white J Mendel dress, I love the comparison of the high split and long-sleeved top. Slicked back hair and clear platform peep-toes added the trademark Mara edginess.
*Guiliana Rancic was there for E! in a strapless sky blue Tadashi Shoji which had some serious silver detailing, love her sleek bob and that always spot on tan
*Michelle Dockery wore a red/oxblood Prada dress that I am surprised to say I love, it's very Autumnal which I adore and dip-hem in a gown is such a show-stopper.

Best dressed for me goes to Kiernan Shipka this was the trickiest decision I have ever had to make but this teenager is simply fabulous and her style gets better with time. I cannot wait to see what she'll bring for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment