Monday, 8 July 2013

Beauty: Dirty Works Coconut Scrub Review

Dirty Works Coconut Scrub 
£2.99
***
(I wrote this ages ago don't know it has taken me so long to post!)
I love a good scrub, especially when it isn't too expensive, in case you haven't noticed I am a tad strapped for cash at the moment! So when I spotted Dirty Works Coconut Caress in my local Sainsburys I decided to give it a whirl, for less then £3 it was a steal and I am a sucker for anything that smells like coconut.
What I expect from a scrub is a an attractive tube/bottle, a lush smell, a positive effect on my skin (makes it smooth) and lasting in two ways; doesn't run out quickly and keeps my skin soft and fresh for some time.
Firstly hats off to the packaging, yes it is a little reminiscent of the Soap and Glory set but for a fraction of the price and from a just as deliciously delightfully collection. Top marks there.
Secondly the scent, as previously mentioned I love the smell of coconut, in fact anything slightly sweet (vanilla, cocoa, strawberry etc) is a winner for me.
It did have a somewhat positive effect on my skin most certainly when I was using it in the shower but the grains are relatively small so the scrub isn't that strong.
Finally, how long does it last? The tube seemed to go on forever! Which is a bonus and it is more of a scrub you use everyday rather then once a week.
If you are looking for a scrumptious smelling and totally affordable scrub that you can use every day as part of your shower routine then go for this one. However, if you are on the hunt for a harsher scrub that you can use just once a week for maximum results look elsewhere.
I would buy this again but I think I will also spend a little bit more and splash out on an exfoliater for when my fake tan won't budge.

Pros
  • Smell delicious
  • Long lasting
  • Leaves skin soft
  • Great packaging
Cons
  • Too fine granules
  • Not suitable for weekly scrubs

No comments:

Post a Comment