Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Fashion: MET Gala 2013

I can safely say as far as fashion goes the Costume Institute Gala is by far my favourite!
There are numerous fashion events each year but this tends to be the one where people take some fashion risks and this year was no different. For 2013 the MET gala took an alternative edge as it presents the Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibit. 
I had the hardest time picking who to put on here, I started out with nearly 30 best dressed! I had so much trouble choosing I went with a top 15, I don't think I've done this before I usually don't have enough material.
Some people really went with the time, others fell flat and some inject a little edge to their style. Smokey eyes, black and quiffs were everywhere, check out below:

*Emmy Rossum managed to make this shimmering silver Donna Karen Atelier gown looked punky with a quirky plaited updo and gray cat eyes 
*Nina Dobrev was the first to make go WOW in this black Monique Lhuiller ensemble whcih was right combination of punk and glam
*Cara Delevingne made me extremely jealous in her Burberry dress, its possibly favourite gown of the night, love the plunging neckline and the studs plus her make up and hair looks ace

*Hailee Steinfeld wore a muted dress by Donna Karen Atelier but the gold safety pin detailing gave it the right amount of edge for her age and for the event, love her bright make up too and her hair always  looks amazing
*I'm not 100 sure this follows the punk theme but I loved Naomie Harris' ombre Donna Karen Atelier dress, the feathers are simple stunning and that cornflower blue shade looks great against her tone
*Anne Hathway could have worn a bin bag (would that be punk?) and I would have put her on this list for the bleach blonde hair alone, I simple love it. The Valentino gown is gorgeous too; sheer and black with feathers and shimmer.

*Katie Holmes may have kept it simple and angelic in trademark white Calvin Klein but she looked amazing so I had to add her to this list, she tried to punk it up with a quiff and smokey eye make up which does look gorgeous
*Dakota Fanning wore a black and sheer Rodarte dress with quirky angel wings back detailing, I do find her hair a little boring though, that centre parting and straight hair needs some spicing up
*This is so iconic Balmain, I only saw a glimpse of the pink mini and knew it was by the French designer straight away. Kate Bosworth wore it well and punked it up with black accessories and a smoky eye

*Taylor Swift wore her signature designer J Mendel last night and she wore it well. The messy hair and black eye mixed with the high collar and shoulder detail work for a modern goth look
*Emma Watson wore one of my favourite designers Prabal Gurung in a chic but cool black cut away dress, although simple the design is most certainly quirky and she pulls it off
*Kate Beckinsale wore a princess pretty dip-hemmed Alberta Ferretti dress and rocked it up with the black cross ankle heels and dark make up

*Michelle Williams was another in black but she accessorized with one of those to die for book box clutches and a punky headband.
*Blake Livelys Gucci Premiere gown was simply to die for, I do wish she had punked up her hair, jewelry or make up nevertheless she looked stunning 
*Cameron Diaz was most certainly following the theme in a blue Stella McCartney dress with a potentially dangerous gold studded belt and matching accessories 

I usually do a Best Dressed out of the top few but I couldn't decide! They all looked amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment