Monday, 27 May 2013

Fashion: Cannes Festival 2013

Somehow I completely forgot that Cannes was coming up! How could I? I think all the focus was on the MET Gala that it simply slipped my mind but I was soon on the fashion look out. This years Cannes has quite a few films I would love to see including The Great Gatsby (one of my fav books) The Bling Ring and Behind the Candelabra to name but a few.
The fashion was on top form and I couldn't simply choose 12 best dressed this is more like top 30! I don't even feel bad, everybody was so sensationally glamorous. 
(BTW this includes every event; premieres, photo-calls, amFar, lunches etc)

*Sonam Kapoor grabbed everybodys attention in this bouffant floral Dolce and Gabbana number-and I mean that in an extremely positive way
*Freida Pinto looked as though she had just stepped out of the 20s in a glittering pewter Sanchita gown and those Jimmy Choo 'Lance' heels with red lips and soft clipped up waves
*Nicole Kidman was the first to blow me away in the stunning embellished Christian Dior gown, this ankle grazing princess style is most certainly becoming a Dior trademark. Coral pumps completely this delightfully summery look
*Jessica Chastain wore a stunning embellished indigo gown from Givenchy Couture, this colour looks striking against her red hair and pale skin, the sparkling dress was certainly enough so minimal jewels were the perfect touch
*Petra Nemcova wore a pale pink Elie Saab dress, you can more then tell this is stunning creation by the Lebanese designer. A silver clutch and soft waves completed the look
*Zhang Ziyi wore a stunning black and gold Chanel dress with some serious peplum, a gorgeous trail and Jimmy Choo heels

*Zoe Saldana in my favourite outfit of hers so far, this simple but chic black Lanvin number with a dip-hem and slight trail. Red nails, toes and simple make-up with bed-head hair simply make this work.
*Lea Seydoux looked absolutely gorgeous in a wonderfully sparkling Louis Vuitton dress with matching Jimmy Choo pumps. The blues on this number are stunning an match her eyes wonderfully. I never thought I was much of a bandeau fan but I love all three of these ladies dresses.
*Jennifer Lawrence was also in Dior but this is a given seeing as she is currently the face of one of their campaigns. Love the bright pink stilettos and the splash of minor colouring on the white dress, strapless really suits her.
*Kristen Scott Thomas in sapphire coloured Armani Prive, this colour is beautiful against a pale skin tone and I love that she kept this deep blue colour through the entire look; make up, earrings and shoes all matched
*Octavia Spencer wore a wonderfully flattering hot red lace gown by her go to designer Tadashi Shoji, I love this dress so I am ignoring the cross front heels; I feel they are a little clunky for this.
*Jessica Chastain once again looked simply angelic in a classic white Givenchy dress, just a bold blue cocktail ring added that dash of colour
*Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore a bouffant Christian Dior dress, I love that this is a cut short rather than the gowns we have seen at this event. White stilettos and trademark Victoria Secrets waves made this look a firm favourite.
*The hot pink colour of this Elie Saab number is quite simply mouth-watering, the iconic beaded detailing, deep V and fitted design make me fall in love with it even more every time I see it! Lucky Irina Shayk is all I can say!
*Dita von Teese wore a hot red to the French event, this is a Dolce and Gabbana number which channels her 50s sexy screen siren image we all love, satin heels and clutch matched wonderfully
*Jessica Biel wore a striking Christian Dior dress with a printed bodice, a splash of pink and black lower half. I love this dress and her roaring 20s hair style
*Zhang Ziyi was quirky and cute in a green Giambattista Valli Couture dress, I adored the shape and the pretty pattern reminded me of a fresh Spring day, the contrasting yellow pumps offered a perfect punch
*Cara Delevigne wowed on a whole either scale, in a full length black, lace Burberry dress. With the red lips, deep neck line and sparkling jewels she was almost a modern screen siren.
*Fan Bingbing wore another Ulyana Sergeenko gown and this time it was a simply beautiful ice blue design with a great deal of diamond frosting to finish the elegant styling off
*Zhang Yuqi in not only stunning but she has also has some serious style, love this red Alexander Mcqueen number-a little reminiscent of Dior?-I adore the small box clutch and plaited hair with loose waves too
*Kerry Bishe kept it simple and stylish in a black, partly see-through dress by Escada. This is a popular design recently with a mini dress having a sheer overlay, this particular gown manages to stay chic
*Zhang Yuqi channeled old school glamour in this off white Roberto Cavalli dress, what I would presume are Chopard jewels and a pretty box clutch
*Taissa Farmiga wore a preppy yet smart and sleek monochrome Valentino gown with lace paneling, some serious sparkle and cute collaring. I really adore this dress.
*Nieves Alvarez was another in a bandeau red gown this time by Ralph & Russo but instead of princess pretty Nieves was more screen siren with side-swept hair, gold detailing and a fitted shape
*Sylvie Tellier wore a deep emerald dress by Andre Gn, its a little Elie Saab with the v-neck, long length and sparkling but not as embellished yet just as stunning 
*Nicole Kidman wore a striking monochrome Chanel Resort dress were interesting feather detailing, 
*Zhang Ziyi is the last on my list and in an Elie Saab. If I was a celebrity I would love to wear a gown by Saab. This particular dove grey almost blue dress was perfect for the finale, enough glamour in the dress meant her sleek hair and drop earring were the ideal finishing touches.

As I'm sure you can imagine I could not pick a favourite out all of these but I must say that stand out dresses for me include Rosie in Dior, Zhang Z in Chanel, Irina in Elie Saab and Zhang Y in Alexander McQueen

@emilyrosecandy

No comments:

Post a Comment