Thursday, 9 May 2013

Beauty: Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion Review


Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion (Light to Medium)
****

I love a bit of fake tan and man have I tried a few! I previously stated St Tropez was a beauty item I couldn't live without but then I moved to London with no job and had no money so circumstances forced me to reevaluate....
For a while I was using St Moritz, £3.99, almost the low budget version of St Tropez but a little harder to come by then I rediscovered gradual tanners.
When I was at university gradual tanners were something I used a great deal and only purchased them when they were on special offer £2.50 for 500ml is simply unmissable but when I started working I branched out.
I remember now what I hated about gradual tanners and what I loved about instant bronzing mousses was the time that take to dry, it is such a difference!
Gradual tanners can literally take hours to dry so I'm wondering around my house in a baggy t-shirt with no underwear waiting for my body to stop being so damn sticky!
However, I think this is a price I'm willing to pay for such great colour that doesn't clog up my pores. With instant mousses this is my biggest issue, I shave, exfoliate and moisturise as you should but still I end up with little dark brown dots all over my body and it has rapidly become exceedingly infuriating. 


*Please note that the final photo of day four I used the flash hence the sightly bright light but this was it only truly showed the strong colour.

Pros
  • Great colour coverage-when applied evenly
  • Doesn't block pores
  • Golden colour not red-brown
  • Moisturizing
  • Makes skin feel soft and smooth
  • Lovely smell
Cons
  • Takes ages to dry
  • Tricky to apply as comes out white
Overall I am pretty happy with Garniers Summer Body Lotion and if you have the patience for it definitely give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment