Friday, 5 April 2013

Life: March Round-Up

Completely forgot about this I didn't even have any notes on it so I had to hunt back through my diaries to remember what I'd been doing! I don't know how as March has been busy for me!
It was my mums birthday 1st March, my oldest sister Sarah drove me up along with her two daughters and my nieces (Lily and Tallulah) it was actually a funny journey, Sarah's erratic driving and four year old Tallulah saying "Wheres the pub?" every ten minutes was pretty amusing. 
I bought my mum a card and added one of my favourite quotes in it from my favourite book This Lullaby "Well, it's true that I have been hurt in my life. Quite a bit. But it's also true that I have loved, and been loved. And that carries a weight of its own. A great weight, in my opinion. In the end, I'll look back on my life and see that the greatest piece of it was love. The problems, the divorces, the sadness...those will be there too, but just smaller slivers, tiny pieces."
I love putting quotes in cards and, in my eyes, this sums up my mum to a tee :)
It was a really fun weekend I got to spend time with my little sister Imogen who I don't see enough and her and my older niece Lily messed about making videos and acting like One Direction (they are BIG fans!)
We also had some super delicious food, I'm proud to say everybody in my family is a pretty decent cook and Sarah made these mega yum blueberry muffins which I demolished.
My BFF Michaela came to visit too which was awesome to see her, we went to TGI Fridays and ate waaaaaaaaaaaay to much, we then went to Toby Carvery and ate waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much again! Ha. We watched The Vow too which is very emotional-don't recommend it! Her car battery died on the first day as she left her lights on-muppet, so we had to call the AA! Was amusing.
I have been working at Stream still, three days a week, which brings in some money I do need another part time job though to really pay the bills! I have started a freelance internship with The Upcoming-check it out. It involved fashion and writing and sometimes I attend fashion shows/launches, other times I have to come up with new fashion ideas or create a piece on info they have given me. It's really great and I am loving it! I have to do two articles a week which can be tricky to fit in, but imagine if I worked full time?! 
I think I might start putting some hours in at my local library too, which will be fun, I am a big literature geek, love a good book.
Although I have given reading a little bit of a rest at the moment as I have become totally addicted to Teen Wolf! I literally love it! I watched two series in less then a month, have to wait till June for series three, dammit. TBF I think I watched it so fast as there are only 12 episodes per season and I watched six episodes in total on the journey from and to Lyles house in Devon.
It was great to see Mitch, we watched Jack the Giant Slayer at the cinema which was a fun family fantasy adventure, I would say 7/10, we also watched Red Dawn which is an 80s remake with Josh Hutcherson and Chris Hemsworth-also pretty good!
We went to Exmoor zoo as well but it was bloody freezing!! We were only there for an hour or two due to the horrifically cold weather, plus I'm not sure how I really feel about zoos-kind of mean on the animals.
The weekend after that was Easter weekend-I gave up chocolate and sweets by the way, what did you give up?-by the time it was Easter I was loving creme eggs, brownies and minstrels! That Saturday was Olly Murs day! Woohoo! Went to see him at London O2 with Imogen and Amber and he was really good! His voice sounded amazing, The Loveable Rogues were the support act and they were ace as well, would certainly recommend you go see him if you ever have the chance. 
I saw Hannah on the Sunday for lunch, we went to Giraffe which was scrumptious, I had a burrito and salad, I'm on a bit of a mission to get fitter as I went to the doctors last week and I am technically not a healthy weight......great. I was looking at photos from university too, I am two stone heavier since 2010! How depressing :(
But with April in sight I'm going to keep up my writing, keep up my exercising and stretching I have started and make sure I keep in contact with those who are important :)
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment