Sunday, 24 February 2013

Fashion: Oscars Best Dressed 2013

I stayed up all night doing this post!
The awards ceremony that everybody has been waiting for is finally here, The Academy Awards-although my sister told me that they will be renaming it The OSCARS officially.
Everybody was wearing pale, cool shades, there were only a few in blue, black or a bright colour. Dior and Armani were the most popular designers and as always strapless was a popular body shape.
Anyway as we all know this is the time to wear your most fantastically glamorous number and I believe that these twelve stars truly took that notion and ran with it:

*Amy Adams literally blew me away in a dove grey Oscar de la Renta number with a sweetheart neckline and some serious ruffling, I love her hair too, I would usually prefer long waves but Amy exudes chicness with this up do
*Anne Hathway looked sweet and sleek in a pale pink Prada dress, she also wore a some serious back jewelry with her necklace draping down the toned back
*Jessica Chastain looked elegant as always in a sparkling nude gown by Armani Privé and might I add that her hair looked the best it has plus she rocked deep red lips wonderfully, movie star glam at its best

*Jennifer Lawrence continued to wow me in a strapless jacquard white dress which was of course- by Dior Haute Couture, she kept her hair out of her face and silver accessories completed her perfect princess look, including a back necklace which seems to be rather popular
*Catherine Zeta-Jones was gorgeous in a gold dress by Zuhair Murad (a designer I adore in case you hadn't noticed...) I love the way the bottom is sheer and the top has almost an armour feel to it; soft waves completed her look
*Charlize Theron was angelic in a white Dior Couture dress with peplum shaping and a cut v neckline, her cropped blonde hair was looking great too, she kept he chest bare but covered her wrists with Harry Winston jewels

*Naomi Watts will most certainly be on top of the best dressed lists again in a dark glittering Armani Privé dress, I love the cut out detailing and her quiffed hair. Naomi never fails to stand out in a stunning way, she rarely follows red carpet rules
*Jennifer Hudson wore a a navy blue Roberto Cavalli long sleeved gown which slid off her toned physique like water, I love the way the pattern almost has a bubbly look to it as well
*Salma Hayek in showed busty girls how to rock a high neck gown in this midnight Alexander McQueen velvet gown with some stunning heavy gold detailing around the neck, it's a such a fabulous departure from her usual attire

*Amanda Seyfried in an off lilac/grey dress by Alexander McQueen with a shimmering gold leaf design overlay, I love the keyhole neckline too, it adds a twist when everybody seems to be wearing strapless numbers
*Halle Berry wore another Versace dress but this dark glittering gown with its structured shoulders, mesh sleeves and deep neckline is a far better choice then the Golden Globes number, metallic make up and her trademark pixie crop finished off her styling
*Queen Latifah takes my final spot in a beautiful white Badgley Mischka design, simple yet classic and I love the slick hair and pink lips (the only photo I could find was on cocoperez....)

Best dressed for me goes to Amy Adams, I love the grey colour and adore the ruffles on the dress, its just the perfect size for the OSCARs, I don't think she has looked better 

No comments:

Post a Comment