Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Fashion: NYFW Badgley Mischka

New York fashion week is here isn't it?! 
I've been so busy I nearly let it pass me by, my oh my.
I won't be doing a post on every single one, obviously, as that is simply ludicrous but just a few that stand out for me.
Once again I must mention Badgley Mischka. I feel as though I don't see this designer enough on the red carpet but their pieces are so stunning!
If you remember their s/s line it was very dream like with sherbet shades and the setting was reminiscent of A Midsummer Nights Dream.
This line seems to be of a similar style but instead of a poetic dream for their inspiration   they have gone for a beautifully nightmare theme and I adore it.


The colours are rich and enthralling with deep blues, strong scarlets and 'dirty metallics' capturing our eye on the stunning gowns. As always with BM there is glitz and glamour aplenty and those dresses which don't have a shimmer in the main colour are adorned with jeweled embellishments. 


This line is simply stunning and screams old school Hollywood glamour and apparently the famous duo has sited the femme fatales of Alfred Hitchcock films as their inspiration for this line with Mischka commenting "We have a very strict, controlled silhouette. Think of Kim Novak in 'Vertigo.'"
Without this implication you can still feel the iconic directors presence with the use of black gloves, eloquent gold detailing and fur accessories.


I also love, once again, the setting. You can see from the photos that there lighting was extremely important and shadows, silhouettes and figures in the distance are all part of the show; a very Hitchcock show indeed.


I really think that the red, metallic design would look fabulous on Katy Perry and this the chic, fitted pieces are just waiting to be picked up by someone like Dita Von Teese.
I couldn't pick a favourite piece because they all truly stand out to me I do, however, have a soft spot for the second sapphire; the shape, the colour, the neckline, the jewels- its love! 

What do you think about the line? Is it Hitchock enough for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment