Monday, 18 February 2013

Fashion: LFW Rihanna for River Island

So its currently London Fashion Week, I will be mixing up between London and New York as I continue to check out the shows online.
Here is my view on the Rihanna for River Island Collection.

I have read a few places that in reality it wasn't the clothes everybody was excited but more so the controversy which surrounds the star, which is truly quite annoying.
Anyway, seeing as I wasn't actually there I am not able to comment how the front row celebrities were behaving or what happens before of after the show. In some respects I think that is better, this way I have only the clothes and the staging to comment on.


Well lets start with the red dress which I can tell already is going to be sold out within seconds. Its reminiscent of the little red number she wore to the GQ awards but she has added the still on-trend dip hem for some sass. The model is also wearing ankle strap heels which I very similar to the Celine sandals Rihanna has been wearing for the past year. 
She has picked a dark blue and pale blue/white floral print to pull the collection together and the sexy summer dress also comes in this print. A pair of cool and comfortable smart joggers also come in the motif and I must admit, I love them. I like that although some of the clothes are in muted colours of black, grey, blue and white she has chosen a funky print; floral or tie dye and if she has chosen a bright colour; red or yellow it is on simpler designed articles.

I know that celebrities always say they would wear their designs but I feel as though Rihanna would definitely be snapped in this outfits. From the red dress to the teeny tiny top and floral pants the collection screams RIHANNA.
My favourite would be the red dress and the floral trousers, although I do like the jumpsuit too. Even though she's included crop tops and revealing dresses Rihanna has also designed pieces which you could wear if you are a bit bigger or even a little body-conscious.
What do you think of Rihannas new fashion line? Will you be heading to River Island in two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment