Monday, 18 February 2013

Fashion: LFW Julien Macdonald

Here we have my third post and as soon as I saw the first dress from this collection I knew had to post about it!
This guys knows about glamour, right?!
I'm aware of Julien Macdonald, having seem here on numerous TV shows and I know he is the mind behind Star for Debenhams, I always knew he loved to create sparkly numbers but this collection is simply WOW.


Girl group The Saturdays were sat front row for this show and I think that sums up who the target audience would be for this line; high glamour girls who love dressing up.
Royal colours of bottle green, petrol blue and strong red shone on the catwalk with sequins, tassels and mesh key ingredients to this sparkling collection of frocks,
My favourite is the central design above, the peacock colours, short length and plunging V would be the perfect piece for a cocktail party. 


I am also very much in love with the blue/silver dress (far right) its glam, short and a little futuristic. Macdonald certainly knows how make a girl happy!
The running theme is certainly shimmer, short and showy, even the designs which are maxi have mesh side inserts which reveal skin or full length tassels which simply draw attention to the legs.
I must add that I feel as though a few of the designs have a slight Marchesa influence too, the red dress and the white one with the feather detailing especially. But who doesn't love a Marchesa mini?

No comments:

Post a Comment