Monday, 11 February 2013

Fashion: Grammys 2013

Grammys was on the same night as BAFTAs which just seems ridiculous to me but anyway....It was far more varied in style then say the BAFTAs and I think that's because you can wear something a little crazy or laid back and its far more accepted.
I could have picked 12 but I didn't completely adore them all, so like the BAFTAs I have gone for top 9:

*Taylor Swift wore another white creation by J Mendel with some silver detailing and a halo plait to complete the angelic style, although similar to other gowns she has worn I love the way the silver adds a gladiator like feel to the ensemble
*Rihanna blew me away in a full length red Azzedine Alaia dress which although full length was rather see-through and had many people talking. Waves and red lips completed her look
*Katy Perry made the most of her enviable bust in a mint green Gucci dress with embellishment around the neckline which drew attention to her assets and sleek centre parting hair


*Carrie Underwood wore a charcoal Roberto Cavalli dress with a lace and embroided black overlay, she added some serious frosting and long waves to complete the old school glam look
*Carly Rae Jepsen also wore a gunmetal Roberto Cavalli corset dress with matching metallic eyes and her standard blunt fringe hair, this is the most dramatic I've seen Carly and I like it
*Solange Knowles was in the colour of the season; emerald with added sparkle in a dress by Ralph & Russo, I love the contrasting coral heels too!

*Kelly Rowland wore a Georges Chakra black number, which I think you can tell what designed by him. I know some people hated the dress but I thought it looked fabulous and I liked that she kept her hair out of the way too
*Jennifer Lopez chanelled her inner Angelina Jolie and revealed her toned, tanned leg in a black Anthony Vaccarello one-shoulder dress with a pair of hot metallic strappy heels
*Natasha Bedingfield wore a red cut out dress by Emerson, I love the added belt which contrasts cool with the elegance of the lace gown itself.

My favourite for this event is a draw between the two reds; Rihanna and Natasha Bedingfield. I love love their dresses and it suits both their figures beautifully, they both capture elegance and cool with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment