Monday, 28 January 2013

Fashion: Screen Actor Guild Awards 2013

It was the Screen Actors Guild Awards (SAG) yesterday in America so that's roughly around 2am for us Brits, I kept up to date with the red carpet but of course not everyone is seen so I don't compile this list until the next day. 
Strapless seemed to be the running theme as were dark shades, side parted waves and some sparkle; over half of my top 12 following at least one of these themes. 
Check out below, whose your favourite?

*Jessica Chastain looked remarkably better then at previous events in a bright red Alexander McQueen gown some simple silver frosting, she proved that red heads can wear the eye-catching colour 
*Kiernan Shipka was cute and wonderfully age appropriate in a pale Oscar De La Renta dress and metallic sandals (she's just two years younger then Kylie Jenner!!)
*Naomi Watts wore a stunning strapless silver Marchesa gown with the iconic overlay paired with red lips and a box clutch and those side waves

*Nina Dobrev was gorgeous in a bright coral hot pink Elie Saab dress and I loved her sparkly jewelry and accessories to match
*Jennifer Garner wore a gold shimmering dress by Oscar De La Renta (a very popular choice) and keptall attention on the dress with minimal accessories and cute shoulder waves
*Jennifer Lawrence was aboard the bandeau band wagon in a midnight blue Christian Dior dress and although I am unsure about the tiers I love the colour and it fits like a glove

*Tina Fey rocked the Hollywood waves paired with my favourite Oscar De La Renta gown of the evening;  love the sweetheart neckline and belt detailing
*Amanda Seyfried summed up the fashion of the evening in a dark strapless number with silver jewelry as she also opted for those side curls
*Helen Hunt looked as though she had been coated with liquid silver in this Romona Keveza dress, Helens gown was soft and sleeker then Jennifer Garners and I love the bangles and necklace too

*Naya Rivera wore black and bandeau by Donna Karen Atelier but I love how she spiced it up a little by adding mesh insert to the front of the dress, I simply adore the jade drop earrings too; a stunning addition.
*Katrina Bowden wore one of my favourite designers which I haven't seen on the red carpet for some time. Loved the Badgley Mischka dove grey dress, the metallic print makes it glam but the studded belt gives it edge
*Kelly Osborne wore a black Jenny Packham design and I really loved the Egyptian inspired top to the dress and the flow of the skirt, a simple up do, red lips and a box clutch completed her look

This was a tricky one as I'm not sure anyone truly stood out but I'm going to go for Nina Dobrev, this girls always looks amazing on the red carpet, i'm not a Vampire Diaries fan this isn't a biased opinion. Nina never fails to take risks, whether its with a bright colour, interesting shape or some serious embellishment and she always rock it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment