Monday, 14 January 2013

Fashion: Golden Globe Awards 2013

Oh the Golden Globes! Once again I stayed up to watch live from the red carpet and make some notes. I have to say that I think this may have been the most stylish event in some time, everybody looked so sensational. I thought I had my list done then I kept seeing more dresses! Therefore I simply had to do a list of 15 instead of 12; it was too hard!

*Nicole Richie looked radiant in an ice blue dress by Naeem Khan with matching eye make up and those Hollywood Waves
*Jessica Alba wore a beautiful coral Oscar De La Renta coloured dress (the king of princess gowns, no?) with a slightly darker coral lipstick and some stunning jewels.
*Megan Fox wore a cream and lace mermaid dress by Dolce and Gabbana, with Lorraine Schwartz jewels she also supported the Hollywood waves too (most certainly the hair style of the night)

*Katharine McPhee was the polar oppoiste to last year, this time she wore a black Theyskens Theory dress with a centre split and plunging neckline. Loved everything besides the hair; too awkward.
*Isla Fisher was pretty in a nude shade with lots of sparkle in a Reem Acra dress, I was unsure about the black clutch but I can see that the dress has some black detailing so figures
*Carla Gugino wore a shimmering grey number by Rami Al Ali which was sleek and fitted, I loved her up hairdo and silver make up too.

*Hayden Panettiere wore an ice pink Robert Cavalli dress which was custom designed for her and she looked lovely. Hayden wears pink quite a lot but it looks so great against her tan and golden hair she pulls it off well without looking too girlish.
*Jennifer Lawrence was super hot in a red Dior Haute Couture number which made her waist look teeny-tiny!
*Taylor Swift wore a dark plum dress by Donna Karen Atelier with Grace Kelly inspired hair and smokey plum eyes. Taylor is always so sugar-sweet so its great to see something a little richer.

*Helen Mirren looked much younger then 67 years in a beautiful black Badgley Mischka dress with golden detailing and accessories.
*Kate Hudson was looking super hot and chic in a black and gold Alexander McQueen piece with perfect belt and neck detailing and a keyhole centre which bared just enough skin
*Jennifer Lopez wore her a lace white and nude gown by her 'go-to' designer Zuhair Murad. The dress hugged her curves so perfectly it looked as though it was designed just for her!

*Eva Longoria wore a striking black Emilio Pucci number with a lace bodice and chiffon skirt, it was pretty vamp but I really loved it. She is the third person on this list with the keyhole detailing, new trend?
*Lea Michele was in Elie Saab again and looked angelic in a white textured gown with a high split and halterneck, simple sandals and elegant frosting completed the look
*Tina Fey wore a black and white chantilly lace and silk dress by L'Wren Scott, I quite like the length and I like that she kept it simple with black accessories as the dress is rather fussy.

My best dressed award goes to Nicole Richie. The colours used are simply divine, next time I go out I am most certainly wearing that bright yet frosty on eyes. J'adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment