Friday, 11 January 2013

Fashion: Critics Choice Awards 2013

I am so silly, I have been so hooked on thinking about what the Golden Globes will bring us and researching Brit Awards info I completely forgot about the CCA (Critic Choice Awards)
But just like the PCA I have chosen nine of the best dressed-I usually go for 12 but because these two events are so close together and a similar array of people attended I figured 9 would be OK.
This events style seems to be a little more grown up then the PCA, an air of sophistication as opposed to fun.


*Jennifer Lawrence = YES YES YES. I am so happy with her look, after the PCA I was so disappointed but she wore Prabal Gurung, who I did a post on last year because I adore him; I love the sheer, the neckline and the belt on this one.
*Emily Blunt in prada shoes and miu miu dress
*Emmy Rossum was the princess of the night in a midnight blue sparkling gown from Caroline Herrera Pre-Fall 2013.I love the old Hollywood make up hair and jewelry too. She looked beautiful.


*Amy Adams in Vionnet. First I wasn't to sure but I actually really like dress now, I love the contrast blue detailing and the drapery and asymmetric give it edge so its not just a simply maxi dress.
*Nina Dobrev glittered and  grinned in a cute Monique Lhuillier turquoise tulip dress, the shape, keyhole neck and sparkling material offered an edge whilst her ponytail kept it youthful and her Brian Atwood pumps kept is simple.
*Marion Cotillard looks cool and cute in a Zuhair Murad (another favourite) black lace, a line dress with primary colouring detailing. I love that she kept the accessories nude as to not distract from the phenomenal dress.

*Jaime king was show stopping in a black Jason Wu dress which is one of my favourite gowns I've seen recently, I love the straps, the metallic detailing and of course the cut outs.. She finished the look with red lips and Hollywood hair.
*Helen Hunt was a burst of citrus fun in soft orange Philip Armstrong dress which was beautifully shaped and I love the lace inserts which revealed just the right amount of skin a I love the neutral make up too, I think anything over done would have been too harsh for her and the dress.
*Naomi Watts was on my bets dressed for the PCA so I tried to keep her off this one but she looked stunning! In a black Emilo Pucci gown with a little mesh v insert she kept is simple yet stylish sophisticated.

So my best dressed out of all these stunners is Jaime King I nearly went for Nina Dobrev  but I am so in love with everything about Jaime's dress-I want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment