Saturday, 5 January 2013

Fashion: Celebrities Love

So hello 2013! I hope you all had an awesome first week, mine has been pretty boring!
Anyway this is my first Celebrity Craze of 2013 :)

Instead of a particular article of clothing I have chosen a designer who has a knack for producing sparkly, mini dresses with long sleeves but lots of skin.
I present to you, Zuhair Murad. 
This Lebanese born fashion creator is simply wonderful and I have fallen shamelessly in love with his stunning designs, be it either full length and sequin or mini and mesh.

Zuhair Murad opened his first store in Beirut in the year of 1995 and although he is relatively new on the high end couture fashion scene he has already worked with a high number of A-list celebrities.
One of the reasons I think I find his work so sensational is because of the claim he made himself, that many of his designs are inspired by Egyptian princesses and Greek goddesses; a mythology I also obsessed with.


I find all of these designs gorgeous and flattering, of course every single one of the ladies is beautiful too, I love how Katy adds bright hair and nails whereas Nina keeps it chic with nude and metallic accessories keeping the focus on the dress.
I love how Murad picks one focal point; with Nina's design its the material, with Jennifer's its the gold leaf detail and with Katy's its the sparkle.


I hope the high street will pick up on this style soon because I would snap one up in an instant! You could wear one with bright heels and messy hair for summer nights or black tights and jewels for a glam winter party.
Now I shall go off and look at more Zuhair Murad designs I cannot afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment