Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Fashion: MET Gala 2012

It was the MET Gala on bank holiday Monday, I love this event because people either decide to wear something completely insane and different (Katy Perry in her light up Cute Circuit gown ) or something simply eye-catching (Blake Lively in blue Marchesa)


*Emma Stone looked like a beautiful, red, sparkling poppy in Lanvin, I do like the black pumps but felt they were a little to heavy for this bright but delicate look she does show that red heads can rock red!
*Sofia Vergara was literally frosted with diamonds on Monday, I simply adore fishtail dresses and how she pours her curves into such stunning dresses. She may often go for corseted styles but she manages to spice it up-this time with £2 million worth of diamonds and a silver Marchesa gown.
*Scarlet Johansson looked phenomanel in a Dolce and Gabbana creation. I love the nude, the gems and the glamour matched with cool make up and loose hair cut.


Jessica Alba looked like she had been coated in a layer of melted gold in this gorgeous Michael Kors piece. She seemed to be chanelling those of the golden era too with soft waves and red lips
*Lea Michele was dashing and daring in this navy sequinned number by the one and only Diane Von Furstenburg matched with Christian Louboutins (of course) and Lorraine Schwartz jewels , I like!
*Nina Dobrev stood out for me because I hadn't truly ever seen her look so sophisticated. The dress is Donna Karen Atelier and with her soft updo and smokey make up she really shone.

 

*Emily Blunt looked stunning in this light coral Calvin Klein number matched with a silver Christian Louboutin clutch and crystallized Jimmy Choo heels
*Eva Mendes was bright and popping in orange Prada; both the dress and shoes were the same tangerine dream shade by the timeless designer.
*Finally Renee Zellweger looked the best I've ever seen her in this black Emilio Puccy number, it didn't make her look too thin, which is suprising seeing as its black but I love the elegance and the mesh material to add a little sexiness.


*Carey Mulligan, I'm suprising myself here with saying this but she looked super and stunning, U love the messy hair and dark, smokey eyes too. I'm a little weary of the halterneck but its different.
*Camilla Belle was going for a similar look to Jessica Alba. She looked like she'd stepped straight out of The Great Gatsby stunning us all in Ralph Lauren; the lips, the hair THE DRESS!
*Clare Danes was angelic and chic in a white gown by J mendel clashing wonderfully with a turquoise clutch and Christian Louboutin heels

Out of the hundreds of people who attended I do have my favourite. It was a tie between two people, one Brit and an American.
My best dressed goes to the fellow English Emily: EMILY BLUNT, closely followed by Camilla Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment