Thursday, 5 April 2012

Fashion: Summer Styles

I have recently really been loving pastels; mint, peach, lilac etc. I also have had my eye on some Hawaiian-Tropical prints and now nearing towards tribal style and also sunset shades so decided to make a post on some summer prints and styles I have my eye on.

TROPICAL/HAWAIIAN
I bought a dress from Motel last year some time it was black but had an awesome tropical print on and a cute collar (see below for the print) needless to say I don't wear it with the collar done up as I would look like a muppet but I really love the print.
The bright colours make me feel like I should be on a beach in Miami, I love it on dresses, bikinis, tops even shorts but I really do not like it on trousers I feel it looks too nineties and too much like a mum in dodgy jeans...sorry.

 
Bottom left dress-Oasis £50, Bralet- Topshop £25, Wedges-River Island £50, T-Shirt-Marc by Marc Jacobs £290, Bandeau dress-Miss Selfridge £35

TRIBAL/AZTEC
These two prints (inc Egyptian) I really haven't ever truly touched upon, I have a few pastel pieces now and typical tropical print bikinis and the mentioned dress but I find this Aztec print a ;lot harder to pull off.
It was the Egyptian style and Elizabeth Taylor (icon) inspired pieces I saw on Topshop which caught my attention-all sold out now though, dammit!
I love the brunt orange and the rustic browns and reds of these pieces but I think they often look better of loose, less fitted items and sometimes these can be unflattering but I would love a bag or a simple tee in a warm orange and brown print, ready for summer :)


Nail wraps-Nail Rocks £6, Clutch- Etro £695, Strap top- Topshop £26, Earrings-River Island £9, Mini Skirt -River Island £15, Sandals-New Look £24.99, Shift Top- Tibi £245, Dress-Warehouse £65, Wedges- Asos £90, Necklace- Susan Caplan (from ASOS) £285

PASTEL
Yay pastels! I never thought I would be able to wear pastels but I've found make up (eye shadow and lipsticks really) cardigans/jackets and hair pieces really work in my favour as opposed to ice cream coloured jeans or pretty pastel shirts.
Either pale or tanned I think there is definitely a shade out there, its now become stylish to add some aqua or candyfloss shade to your hair too, cute!


Blazer-Preen £1,170, Satchel-New Look £19.99, Bikini- Missoni £225, Heeled Pumps- ASOS £55, Skirt- Topshop £25, Jumper- Topshop £26, Dress- Topshop £30, Clutch-Diane Von Furstenburg £280, Flat Pumps-New Look £15.99, Bracelet- Pippa Small £1,995, Socks- Topshop £3.50

Sunset 
This is a new group of shades I have slowly come to like; oranges, peach, deep pink, yellow, coral, rouge etc. Warm and cool at the same time as the shades are warm but offer such a cool style. 
I literally love the sunset clutch so much, shame I don't have £500! I love these hues compared to the lurid brights, they are so much calmer and easier to wear


Clutch- Jimmy Choo £495, Dress- Lanvin £495, Wedges- Mulberry £550, Jacket- River Island £150, Shorts- Topshop £34, Heeled Pumps- ALDO £85, Eyes hadows- La Femme Cosmetics £2.00 EACH, Pink Dress- Alexander McQueen £1,125, Yellow Dress- Giambattista Valli £1,310, Metallic sandals- ASOS £18



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment